Fortnite update 8.01 for Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PC, and Xbox One is out now. Developer Epic Games has stated that it adds buried treasure to the map as well as the Slide Duos Limited Time Mode (LTM). In addition to this, there’s a subtle gameplay tweak along with the Fortnite update 8.01, allowing players to slide down terrain without taking damage from 65 degrees to 75 degrees. Mobile players should breath a sigh of relief as this update also fixes a bug wherein pressing the fire button with two fingers causes the fire action to continuously loop. The Fortnite update 8.01 download size is around 150MB on iOS and roughly 837MB on Xbox One.
Fortnite patch notes for update 8.01
- Buried treasure: follow the map to uncover hidden loot across the island! Find the X that marks the spot and get to digging.
- Gameplay: increased the angle at which you can slide down terrain without taking damage from 65 degrees to 75 degrees.
- Bug fixes: fixed an issue when pressing the fire button with 2 fingers causes fire action to continuously loop.
Fortnite update 8.10 Slide Duos patch notes
- Friction greatly lowered.
- Max run speed greatly raised.
- Falling damage removed.
- Infinite ammo Grapplers added to everyone’s inventory.
Fortnite season 8 is in full swing and with it, comes additions to the game’s lore. The Ice King’s castle had a powerful prisoner who’s now free. This prisoner has brought fire and flame to Fortnite, which means that there’s new treasure as well. You’ll be slugging it out against other fighters, pirates, and ninjas for this treasure. There’s a new weapon called Pirate Cannon in Fortnite season 8 along with new locations and the added challenges of playing on a map where lava can damage you.
If you’re a fan of video games, check out Transition, Gadgets 360’s gaming podcast. You can listen to it via Apple Podcasts or RSS, or just listen to this week’s episode by hitting the play button below.